Bring on the green

Bring on the green


St. Patrick's Day gets lots of attention where I live because so many of us have Irish roots.  While the partying and music happened last weekend , I'm doing my own bit today by recommending green as a colour to consider in decor if you like to bring the outside in.  When someone says they hate green , I'm  flabbergasted.  How can you hate the the most prominent colour in nature?

You can have a little green woven in with any other hues and it always looks good.  Think plants.  Is there any room a plant doesn't work in?  Or you can have a green statement piece or green accessories mixed with another colour.  The possibilities are endless when you think about the variety of greens and the proportion of use in a space.

A green statement piece 


green velvet sofa , white walls

Just the merest hint of accents of green with plants and branches can liven a white space. This little amount of green only works well in very light space. 



neutral bedroom , striped bedding , green throw

You can weave  a little more green into any neutral space and it can either sit back and  quietly warm it or...



yellow green accents , gray bedroom , texture

say , "Look at me , I'm the life of the room".  I'm particularly fond of this colour scheme and the use of texture in the space. 


I guess you've figured out from my photo references that I like green with white and gray.  It's the fresh punch that intrigues me , and for that you need a quiet background.  There are other ways to work  with greens  using lots of black for instance , but then the room gets too shouty for me.  Are you a lover of green?  

Share this:

Disqus Comments