What You Can Learn From A Comic Collector's Home Fire

What You Can Learn From A Comic Collector's Home Fire


When I talk to new clients about why they're shopping for home insurance , I often hear "because I have to get it in order to close on my new house" , and I think to myself...doesn't anyone get it?!? I realize that no one LIKES to pay for insurance , but most people forget what their home insurance is really for. Not Rob Snell , however. This is a picture of some of Rob's books and comics that were destroyed when he lost his home to a fire.

Rob is a normal guy - a business man and comic collector - that wrote a great account of the lessons he learned about his home insurance when he lost everything he owned in a house fire. Check out his story: "5 things I wish I knew before my house burned down." It's a great way to learn from someone who has already been through it , and see which parts of your home insurance you should pay extra attention to.

The best way to protect your assets from loss - whether fire , theft , water or anything else that may happen - is to sit down with a local agent and have a conversation about what you own. Get some good advice from a professional that's in the business of knowing how to properly protect you.

A local , professional agent may not be able to control the situations that life throws at you , but they can provide solutions no matter what the circumstance.

By Robert Edgin

This is part four of the four part series PROPER INSURANCE PROTECTION
1. Saving 15% on your car insurance could cost you more than you think
2. 3 car insurance coverages that will save your life
3. I'm being sued , call my insurance company!

Please leave me a comment , I'd love to hear from you

Share this:

Disqus Comments