Feeling red

Feeling red

I'm a firm believer that colour provides us with certain benefits at certain times and  I take note when I find myself attracted to a certain colour.  My past loves have been black , green and purple.   All of a sudden I am hugely attracted tored  and I want it around me in my home.  This is a first for me.


red accessories
Red accessories

I catch myself looking at red things on Pinterest and Olioboard. 


I want to hang up one of my red paintings.
 
 meaning red poppy art Margaret Ryall
Evoked , 2013 , Margaret Ryall , encaustic
 “Painters use red like spice.” — Derek Jarman.....  If so this is one hot painting.

 Why red now?

 From yoga I know that red  is the color for the base or root chakra located at the base of the spine; this chakra allows us to be grounded and connected to universal energies.

Red also affects us physically.  It is stimulating and boosts our physical energy levels , increases enthusiasm , action and confidence , and provides a sense of protection from anxiety and fear. Don't forget that red relates to physical desire in all its forms- sexual , appetite and cravings. Pretty powerful stuff. Who wouldn't want a dose of red around with all those benefits?

I've written about red before so this must not be a new thing.  Check this  post .

I must need a boost of red.  I'm listening.  How will it play out in my space? 

 Is red a part of your home decor?

Share this:

Disqus Comments